[openstandaarden] Re: [Patents] [Fwd: [asbl-libre] point de vue CD & V software patent]

David GLAUDE dglaudemailing at gmx.net
Thu May 15 17:27:32 CEST 2003

Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 02:46:57PM +0100, Ward Vandewege wrote:
> [official party statements; looking for...]
>>- Vivant
>
> Not sure whether it was a statement for their party; however, at the
> Software Patents Symposium, at may 7th, in Brussels, there was a member
> of Vivant who clearly stated to oppose software patents.

Phil.Errembault at skynet.be, French speaking Brusselar that recently got
into Vivant and promises to help free software and friends.
However very unlikely to be elected and not an official position of the
Vivant party.

He believe he can put them on the right track since they have no
position on that topic. Vivant seems to favor more freedom and
FreeSoftware and No-Software Patent is about freedom. Since Vivant has
not much elected here in Parliament we should not care (except if you
want to vote for Vivant and a French speaking).

David GLAUDE

--
Don't let the computer/expert control the election
Information for Belgium in french: http://www.poureva.be/