[Openstandaarden] Patentaanvraag XML in Word-documenten

Onno Timmerman onno.timmerman at s-p-a.be
Thu Jan 22 18:04:58 CET 2004

Onno Timmerman wrote:

> Herman Bruyninckx wrote:
>
>> On 22 Jan 2004 wim.stubbe at b-rail.be wrote:
>>

>>> Het wordt stillaan duidelijk waarom MS haar specificaties voor haar
>>> Word-documenten wil vrijgeven. Ze zullen nl. niet lang vrij zijn als
>>> ze deze
>>> patentaanvraag toegewezen krijgen
>>>
>>> http://www.tweakers.net/nieuws/30654
>>>

>> Vandaar dat de Europese beslissing ivm patenten zo belangrijk is: in
>> het laatst besproken ontwerp stond expliciet dat patenten niet kunnen
>> gelden voor alles wat interoperabileit tussen programma's betreft...
>>
>> Herman
>>

> De vraag is natuurlijk wat de commisie/ministerraad hiervan zal maken.
> Er is zover ik weet op dit moment nog maar één land dat zich duidelijk
> verzet tegen softwarepatenten. Zweden namelijk. Moest Fientje Moerman
> het belang inzien van die software patenten dan zou België hier ook
> deftig standpunt kunnen in nemen en begint de bal beter te rollen!

<knip>
Sorry dat van Zweden klopt niet.
Zie onderstaande

The "technostructure" fights back:

"Sweden prepared to fight for software patents

Sweden refuses to accept the EU Parliament’s proposal for drastically
diminished patent protection for computer-related inventions. That is
the clear message given by the country’s Minister for Justice, Thomas
Bodström, in his reply to a question from the Swedish parliament."

http://www.newsonline.nu/release.asp?PmId=33570&ComId=90

Awapatent is a patent bureau that last year built an extra floor on top
of their already mighty building here in Malmö. You also find Awapatent
as a Associate Corporate Member in the Swedish Private Equity & Venture
Capital Association:

http://www.vencap.se/start_e.asp

In which NUTEK and other state agencies for innovation are also members.

NUTEK (co)financed e.g. the startup Hapax.com, owner of many text
processing patents (granted by SePTO).

Only good thing is that the liberal MP who put the questions to the
Minister of Justice does not seem to be in favour of software patents.
She had just put forward a question from "someone" (I dont know exactly
how this was done).

I hope its not just my fault we dont have any swedish signatories on the
Call for Action II. Anyone who dares sign will be flamed to ashes or
ignored to death in the swedish press.

//Erik