[Openstandaarden] [jonas.maebe@elis.ugent.be: Letter Dutch ministry of economy]

Henrion Benjamin bh at udev.org
Wed Jun 16 19:05:30 CEST 2004

Someone wants to translate to English? (I really need to improve my
dutch)

----- Forwarded message from Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be> -----

From: Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be>
To: bxl <bxl at ffii.org>
Subject: Letter Dutch ministry of economy
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 14:53:35 +0200
Sender: bxl-admin at ffii.org

Hello,

The Dutch ministry of economy has replied in a letter to the national
parliament why they did not like the EP's amendments etc. It's at
http://www.ez.nl/upload/docs/Kamerbrieven/PDF-Documenten/4038469-vtk.pdf

It's quite long and I don't have time to translate it now, but I've
just arrived at the part where they argue themselves that Microsoft's
double-click patent is on a technical invention and should be
patentable, and how it would not be under the EP's version of the
directive, but it will be under the Council's version! Incredible.

Jonas

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Benjamin Henrion <bh at udev.org>