[Openstandaarden] new European Parliament website Vs Open Standards

Wim De Smet fragmeat at yucom.be
Fri Sep 23 15:12:51 CEST 2005

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 22:29:30 +0200
Benjamin Henrion <bh at udev.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to collect clues about the problems of compliance that the
> new European website has with open standards.
>
> Most of webpages generated are not XHTML compliant, and some pages
> does not render correctly in some browsers (firefox):

Note that html 4.01 compliant code would actually be better than XHTML
since it renders in more browsers (and doesn't have some of the problems
xhtml is still facing). I'm not sure why it doesn't render correctly but
in the interest of open access to government it would help if they at
least tested it in firefox. That would not be perfect, but maybe more
doable than convincing them to make sure it validates.

greets,
Wim